Leaded by Dr. Atilola, we found three important findings in a recent study of the ICMH-SG across ten countries:- exposure to different minor and major traumatic events is very common among adolescents, – there is a direct relationship between a cumulative number of traumatic exposures and severity of PTSD symptoms, especially in girls and younger adolescents, and – the relationship between cumulative trauma exposure and PTSD is mediated by external locus of control, which we also identified for anxiety and depressive symptoms.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms among trauma-exposed adolescents from low- and middle-income countries
- External locus-of-control partially mediates the association between cumulative trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress
- DAILY INTERNET USE TIME COULD ASSIST IN SCREENING OF PROBLEMATIC INTERNET USE
- Assessing the symptoms of Internet Gaming Disorder among college/university students: An international, validation study of a self-report
- Correlates of Problematic Internet Use among college and university students in eight countries: An international cross-sectional study