The ICMH-SG tasks itself the obligation to bridge the gaps in knowledge in various aspects of child and adolescent mental health (CAMH) between different world regions by going to:
- Organize and deliver cross-cultural and international research studies in psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, sociology, and other disciplines related to CAMH,
- Organize educational activities pertained to CAMH in undeveloped and developing regions and countries worldwide,
- Support evidence-based clinical and community-based CAMH service,
- Disseminate information about CAMH in undeveloped and developing regions/countries through journals, books, newsletters, blogs, and other means of communication,
- Contribute to initiatives aimed at improving ethical standards in CAMH service and research, and
- Collaborate with and/or participating in the activities of other national and international CAMH and allied organization.